Sunday, December 17, 2006

 

Monday December 11, 2006

It was time to go home! We woke up real early (6 AM!) and headed out. We grabbed a train to the airport and checked in. I had never been grilled by airport security so much in my life. They asked so many questions!

After getting checked in and dumping off our bags we finally had the chance to find breakfast. I had a nice cheese bun and some orange juice. We then wandered around the shops. The airport isn't that big, so it didn't take long to go through all of them. I bought myself a nice bottle of Mozart White Chocolate Liquer in the duty free shop! MMM that stuff was going to be delicious!

Then we got on the plane and flew back to New York. It was a long 9 hour flight. My two activities were: playing Final Fantasy III on my Nintendo DS, and reading the book The Tipping Point. I would switch back and forth between the two as my attention span waned.

After getting to New York, we only had 1.5 hours to connect to our next flight. It was rush rush rush! The only problem was when we had to go through security again. They x-rayed my backpack and found my bottle of liquor from the duty free shop in Germany. Even though the bottle was still sealed, and it was in a sealed plastic, see through bag, and there was a huge receipt attached to it that showed it had come from the duty free shop in Germany, those rat bastards confiscate it, since it was a bottle of liquid that was bigger than three ounces. How much is an ounce anyways? Crazy Americans... Grrrrrrrr..... stupid rules!!! Thankfully the bottle was only €11, so it wasn't a huge loss. At least, later that week at Patrick's house, I managed to drink most of his bottle of the same stuff, so that helped tide me over, I guess.

We managed to negotiate the gauntlet in enough time to get on our plane to Toronto. It was a short flight. I managed to finish my book. We managed to get exit row seating, so at least we had leg room on the flight.

Once we got back to Toronto, I called Justine and she picked us up. The trip was over! We did it! Our weekend road trip to Germany! Let the eating of the chocolate haul begin!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?